Professional Representation Can Help Reduce Your Charges
If you’ve recently been charged with a drug-related crime or DWI, you need professional representation to help mitigate or eliminate the charges. Schalk, Ciaccio & Kahn have a team of DWI lawyers and drug crime lawyers to assist defendants in Nassau County. The State of New York imposes harsh penalties, including suspended licenses, probation, fines, and jail time for those found guilty. Our expert legal professionals, led by our bar-certified lawyers, understand the nuances of the state’s law and employ multiple tactics to help protect your freedom and get you the best outcomes possible. We have experience negotiating with the prosecution as well as representing clients in court. However, acting quickly is critical to ensure you’re in the best position possible. Learn more about how we can assist clients facing drug-related or DWI charges, then contact us for a consultation.
What Are Some of the Most Effective Drug Crime Defenses?
All our attorneys are former prosecutors with exhaustive knowledge of the drug crime process. Our unique insight ensures our team is ahead of the prosecution throughout each step of the proceedings to give you the best chance of winning your case. We approach each case thoughtfully and customize our defense to suit yours. There are numerous different types of defenses our team employs, including the following:
- Unlawful Search and Seizure
- Legal Right to Possession
- Lack of Knowledge
- Withing Legal Limit
Nassau County DWI Lawyer Serving the Community
Driving while intoxicated in Nassau County can lead to numerous charges depending on multiple factors, including moving violations, damages to surrounding property, or harm caused to pedestrians or other drivers. Regardless of the extent of the charges, either misdemeanor or felony, it’s crucial you have a lawyer representing your best interests throughout the proceedings. The lawyers at Schalk, Ciaccio & Kahn are former prosecutors. Their unique insight into the process gives you the upper hand in the courtroom. Some additional benefits of hiring a trained and experienced DWI lawyer in Nassau County include the following:
- Our Lawyers May Be Able to Reduce the Sentence
- We Make the Process Less Stressful and Help You Save Time and Money
- Our Lawyers May Be Able to Eliminate the Charge From Your Record
- We May Be Able to Get Your License Reinstated
- Our Lawyers Understand the Nuances of the New York State Legal System
What Penalties Are Associated With DWI Charges in Nassau County?
If you’re found guilty of driving while intoxicated, the charge can completely alter your life by revoking your freedoms and tarnishing your reputation. This is why choosing the best attorney to represent you in court is so important. The legal professionals at Schalk, Ciaccio & Kahn will use all the resources available to them to ensure you receive the best outcome possible. We have represented hundreds of cases inside and outside the courtroom, so you can feel confident you’ll receive the best results possible. Some of the most common types of penalties associated with DWI charges include the following:
- Fines – Depending on the severity of the DWI crime and your criminal history, you may have to pay fines up to $10,000. However, the right defense attorney may significantly reduce or eliminate those amounts.
- Jail Time – Without the representation of a skilled and experienced attorney, many repeat offenders may find themselves behind bars for up to seven years.
- Revoked License – Even first-time offenders may see their license revoked for up to one year.Having your license taken away can completely alter your career and social life and make it impossible to attend to obligations.
Schedule Your Free DWI or Drug Crime Consultation Today
Schalk, Ciaccio & Kahn provide expert criminal defense representation in courtrooms throughout Nassau County. Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience and knowledge to give you the best opportunity to win your case. As a detail-oriented firm, we’re able to identify discrepancies in your drug crime or DWI case that can significantly impact the outcome. If you’ve been accused or charged with a drug crime or DWI, it’s crucial you speak to a knowledgeable and skilled lawyer immediately. It is the court’s responsibility to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. We will advise you on the best actions to take immediately following your arrest to the end of your court date to prevent you from incriminating yourself. Schedule your free consultation today to learn more about how we can help you avoid jail time, fines, and a revoked license.